The AMOT metal particle detector (MPD) is an in-line continuous wear debris monitor that signals the presence of metal particles in lubricating oils. The MPD alerts the operator to perform oil condition checks to determine machinery health status. Timely detection of metal particles ensures reliable machine conditions and maximizes asset availability by avoiding unnecessary downtime.
In addition, metal particle detection can verify filter system performance and failure, confirm system flushing, detect high corrosion and abrasion wear, identify improper machine repair, eliminate sampling errors and confirm corrective maintenance. This compact, lightweight and highly robust metal particle detector has a corrosion-resistant stainless steel body with no moving parts.
Features and Benefits
- Unique grid sensing technology
- detects metal particles and metal chips
- detects all conductive metal particles (including non
magnetic metal particles)
- Provides early warning of impending failure
- reduced operating costs
- corrective maintenance can be scheduled to minimize costly
- prevents unnecessary repairs and replacement of expensive